Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Gordon Stokes as head of farming
UK: New face at Southern England FarmsLeedstown-based company Southern England Farms Ltd (SEF) has strengthened its team with the appointment of Gordon Stokes as head of farming.
Gordon Stokes – heads farming
Mr Stokes has been producing fresh produce for major British retailers for 18 years, first in Zimbabwe and since 2000 in the UK, working in senior roles for Langmead Farms, where he oversaw production of a range of crops.
SEF farms more than 5,000 acres of vegetables and cereals in Cornwall. Greville Richards, SEF managing director, said: "Gordon has managed a diverse portfolio of crops and brings a wealth of experience to our farm operation at a very exciting time in SEF's development plans."
SEF also has a rapidly growing broccoli business and one of the largest acreages of courgettes in the country. This year the company will sell its first asparagus crop and introduce Cornish green beans, sweetcorn and peas in response to strong customer demand for home-grown produce.
"With our new products coming online and continued growth of our brassicas business, Cornwall's climate and providence has created a wonderful marketing and production opportunity for many local growers," said Mr Richards.
Publication date: 3/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: