Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: project for a common brand for Emilia-Romagna pears66 percent of Italian pears (or 30% of the European total) grows on Emilia-Romagna fields, in the area of Ferrara, Modena and Bologna (Italy). 100% of the Abate Fetel variety is grown here.
In spite of this, Emilia-Romagna pear growers run the risk of selling their products this year at prices that will not even cover production costs. For this reason there is a project for a common brand to combine commercial, distribution and marketing policies, on the basis of the model 'Melinda'. Regional councillor for agriculture, Tiberio Rabboni, said that during a meeting of Legacoop Agrolimentare Nord Italia.
The idea of a common brand was discussed in the last weeks by all regional producers. Now the project can start. Its aim is to create common rules for the introduction of the product on the market, the investment on foreign markets and the creation of promotional and marketing campaign. The project will be presented on 16th April, 2012 during the Forum on Fresh Produce, organized in Bologna afore Italian Minister for Agriculture, Mario Catania.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: