Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: project for a common brand for Emilia-Romagna pears66 percent of Italian pears (or 30% of the European total) grows on Emilia-Romagna fields, in the area of Ferrara, Modena and Bologna (Italy). 100% of the Abate Fetel variety is grown here.
In spite of this, Emilia-Romagna pear growers run the risk of selling their products this year at prices that will not even cover production costs. For this reason there is a project for a common brand to combine commercial, distribution and marketing policies, on the basis of the model 'Melinda'. Regional councillor for agriculture, Tiberio Rabboni, said that during a meeting of Legacoop Agrolimentare Nord Italia.
The idea of a common brand was discussed in the last weeks by all regional producers. Now the project can start. Its aim is to create common rules for the introduction of the product on the market, the investment on foreign markets and the creation of promotional and marketing campaign. The project will be presented on 16th April, 2012 during the Forum on Fresh Produce, organized in Bologna afore Italian Minister for Agriculture, Mario Catania.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: