Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Tomato grower shuns supermarketsA tomato grower from Victoria is turning his back on supermarkets and wholesalers and selling his produce at the farm gate.
Grower John Weigard says he is still making just as much money as when he travelled to the wholesale market in Melbourne.
For one thing he no longer has to worry about overheads or about dealing with supermarkets- especially as price cuts are making things uncertain.
"It was difficult to get a fair price from supermarkets," he said.
"I gave it away after 30 years of growing them and I thought if I do this again, I'll market them differently, and that's why I sell at the front gate."
Publication date: 2/29/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: