Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Fabbri and Unitec together to increase the value of produce quality and reduce costsFounded in Sixties by Gino Fabbri, the company Fabbri is now managed by his sons Maurizio and Roberto, with the same good head for the fruit business.
Maurizio (left) and Roberto Fabbri.
The company operates on 35 hectares of land destined to apricots, peaches, nectarines and persimmons cultivation. 1,000 square meters are destined to two processing plants, refrigerated cells and offices.
The company Fabbri is associated to Agribologna Consortium, the Emilia-Romagna group operating in production and sale of fruit and vegetables, that sells, in fact, Fabbri products.
Roberto Fabbri speaks about the persimmon campaign in 2011. "Disappointing trend, in line with the summer fruit campaign and worse than previous year. The only positive mark for the company was the use of Unitec UNI_ONE JOLLY LF electronic sizer."
"Our company produces about 500-600 tons of persimmons, classic and bright Rojo. Before the good quality of the fruit combined with a poor organization, above all because we could not manage product ripeness. Now we are able to plan better size and colour thanks to the optical detector on the Unitec machinery."
"The UNI_ONE JOLLY LF sizer offers a glimmer more for persimmon ripeners. We operate in fact a delicate product, easily perishable, with a shelf life of 2-4 days. It is thus very important, I say also essential, to have a plan" Roberto Fabbri says.
The UNI_ONE JOLLY LF is an electronic cup sizer for small and medium products with high versatility. The company Fabbri uses it in summer months also for apricot processing (in the photo below a moment of summer processing).
Maurizio Fabbri explains: "The delicacy in introducing and unloading fruit and the high accuracy in sorting per weight of UNI_ONE JOLLY LF make it an ideal solution for processing of our apricots and persimmons."
The great versatility of UNI_ONE JOLLY LF allows the management many different products: all pear varieties, including Abate Fetel, kiwifruits, plums, apricots, peaches, flat peaches, nectarines and apples.
Furthermore, this technology allows the reduction of investment costs and shrinks the investment in short time.
Ideal for small and medium products, highly efficient in sorting per size, colour, weight and fruit defects, the UNI_ONE JOLLY LF was recently shown during Fruit Logistica 2012 in Berlin.
"We have chosen Unitec because it identifies itself with our business, meeting our needs. Besides creating customized solutions for us, Unitec follows us during the training and it is always available for assistance and explanations."
"Our balance is thus positive, the quality is enhanced and the company plan allows us to sink costs" Maurizio Fabbri concludes.
Soc. agr. Fabbri
di Fabbri Maurizio e Roberto s.s.
Santarcangelo di Romagna (RN)
Phone: +39 (0)541 326311
Fax: +39 (0)541 329531
Mobile: +39 335 8386222
Via Provinciale Cotignola, 20/9
48022 Lugo (RA)
Phone: +39 (0)545 288884
Fax: +39 (0)545 288709
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: