Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Opposition groups send letter to US lawmakers
US: Obama food safety plans would raise consumer costsAn Obama Administration plan to raise money for food safety programmes by levying fees from food processing plants, warehouses and other facilities, has drawn a letter of opposition from industry groups.
The groups, including the United Fresh Produce Association, sent a letter to top US law makers, citing as one reason for their opposition the fact that such fees were badly timed as they would inevitably lead to higher costs for consumers as the expense was passed on.
Congress last year rejected similar proposals.
Publication date: 2/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: