Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Opposition groups send letter to US lawmakers
US: Obama food safety plans would raise consumer costsAn Obama Administration plan to raise money for food safety programmes by levying fees from food processing plants, warehouses and other facilities, has drawn a letter of opposition from industry groups.
The groups, including the United Fresh Produce Association, sent a letter to top US law makers, citing as one reason for their opposition the fact that such fees were badly timed as they would inevitably lead to higher costs for consumers as the expense was passed on.
Congress last year rejected similar proposals.
Publication date: 2/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: