Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Opposition groups send letter to US lawmakers
US: Obama food safety plans would raise consumer costsAn Obama Administration plan to raise money for food safety programmes by levying fees from food processing plants, warehouses and other facilities, has drawn a letter of opposition from industry groups.
The groups, including the United Fresh Produce Association, sent a letter to top US law makers, citing as one reason for their opposition the fact that such fees were badly timed as they would inevitably lead to higher costs for consumers as the expense was passed on.
Congress last year rejected similar proposals.
Publication date: 2/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: