Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
EU: Maersk raises Asia-Europe rates againMaersk Line will raise its Asia-Europe rates again, by $400 per 20 foot container.
The new rates will apply from April 1, and cover all European destinations. Maersk Line and most of is competitors had already announced significant rate increases for Asia to Europe in late January. Maersk Line then raised its rates by $775 per 20 foot equivalent unit, with effect from March 1, more than a doubling of the then current spot level.
"A week ago I would have said that it would be impossible for Maersk Line to make a profit in 2012. However, if they get this through, we have a completely different starting point for 2012 and 2013," Ricky S. Rasmussen at Nykredit Markets said.
Publication date: 2/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: