Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EU: Maersk raises Asia-Europe rates againMaersk Line will raise its Asia-Europe rates again, by $400 per 20 foot container.
The new rates will apply from April 1, and cover all European destinations. Maersk Line and most of is competitors had already announced significant rate increases for Asia to Europe in late January. Maersk Line then raised its rates by $775 per 20 foot equivalent unit, with effect from March 1, more than a doubling of the then current spot level.
"A week ago I would have said that it would be impossible for Maersk Line to make a profit in 2012. However, if they get this through, we have a completely different starting point for 2012 and 2013," Ricky S. Rasmussen at Nykredit Markets said.
Publication date: 2/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: