Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Venomous spider found in supermarket bananasAn Edinburgh shop worker found a wandering spider, otherwise known as a banana spider, crawling out of bananas in an Asda store earlier this week.
The spider, which comes from Colombia, and has a 10cm leg span, is venomous and can deliver a nasty bite, though it is not likely to prove fatal.
Shop workers trapped the spider in a jar and called the Scottish SPCA. It was taken to the Edinburgh Butterfly and Insect World where it later died.
Kevin Thom, of Edinburgh Butterfly and Insect World, said: "It isn't deadly but its venom contains high levels of serotonin.
"If bitten you would experience pain, swelling, muscle spasms and flu-like symptoms which could be very unpleasant, depending on the amount of venom that was injected."
Publication date: 2/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: