Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brazil: Carrefour imports Chilean grapes with Origin Warranty sealSupermarket chain Carrefour has for the first time imported Chilean grapes with the Origin Warranty seal, to be commercialized in the Brazilian market. Around 300,000 kilos coming from four producers in Chile and reaching shops between February and April, as reported by the magazine Globo Rural.
Consumers that can already get the varieties thompson and flame can, starting next month, also choose three other varieties: sungrame, crimson and red globe, all in 500 grams packs.
After this period, the company will give priority to the Brazilian harvest, placed in Petrolina (PE), from where they also supply with Origin Warranty certification.
The chain expects to sell about 100,000 kilos. With the traceability technology available for products with Origin Warranty, clients can see all information about the production chain for Chilean grapes at www.garantiadeorigen.com.br
Publication date: 2/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: