Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Brazil: Carrefour imports Chilean grapes with Origin Warranty sealSupermarket chain Carrefour has for the first time imported Chilean grapes with the Origin Warranty seal, to be commercialized in the Brazilian market. Around 300,000 kilos coming from four producers in Chile and reaching shops between February and April, as reported by the magazine Globo Rural.
Consumers that can already get the varieties thompson and flame can, starting next month, also choose three other varieties: sungrame, crimson and red globe, all in 500 grams packs.
After this period, the company will give priority to the Brazilian harvest, placed in Petrolina (PE), from where they also supply with Origin Warranty certification.
The chain expects to sell about 100,000 kilos. With the traceability technology available for products with Origin Warranty, clients can see all information about the production chain for Chilean grapes at www.garantiadeorigen.com.br
Publication date: 2/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: