Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brazil: Carrefour imports Chilean grapes with Origin Warranty sealSupermarket chain Carrefour has for the first time imported Chilean grapes with the Origin Warranty seal, to be commercialized in the Brazilian market. Around 300,000 kilos coming from four producers in Chile and reaching shops between February and April, as reported by the magazine Globo Rural.
Consumers that can already get the varieties thompson and flame can, starting next month, also choose three other varieties: sungrame, crimson and red globe, all in 500 grams packs.
After this period, the company will give priority to the Brazilian harvest, placed in Petrolina (PE), from where they also supply with Origin Warranty certification.
The chain expects to sell about 100,000 kilos. With the traceability technology available for products with Origin Warranty, clients can see all information about the production chain for Chilean grapes at www.garantiadeorigen.com.br
Publication date: 2/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: