Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Spanish businessmen to invest in citrus cultivationsSpanish businessmen showed interest in investing, together with groups of farmers in the municipalities of Tula and Jaumave in Tamaulipas (México), in the harvesting of oranges, Italian lemon and grapefruit, informed the Agricultural attorney general's office (Procuraduría Agrícola).
Due to this the area of the high Andean plateau of Tamaulipas, the poorest in the entity, could become a new citrus region.
The delegate of the PA in Tamaulipas, Víctor Manuel Girón González, pointed out that the investment in the project goes up to 50 million Pesos, under a joint-venture of businessmen and farmers.
In the first stage they will try to set 250 hectares with orchards to be harvested, mainly in an irrigation area in the municipalities of Tula and Jaumave.
Spanish businessmen say that, once the citrus production starts, at least 100 direct jobs in harvesting would available.
Publication date: 2/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: