Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: FAECA urges traders not to sell frost damaged citrusToday, the Andalusian Federation of Agricultural Cooperatives and Companies - FAECA urged marketers and distributors to pay special care to not introduce fruit damaged by frosts on to the market since, even if they are edible, they would damage the image of the quality product.
Faeca said that as consequence of the frosts in the last weeks, a considerable percentage of the citrus production (mainly orange and mandarine) has been affected by the low temperatures in a key moment of production.
In that sense, the federation pointed out the serious consequences to the sector that the placement of that product in the distribution chain would bring.
Considering that in the frame of a campaign like the present one, with low prices, to have a product that doesn't have the optimal quality to be commercialized into circulation could "bring an even worse end to the season, with drastic drop in demand and even lower quotations".
Faeca urged companies, marketers and distributors to not put this production in circulation and the corresponding administrations to watch over the interests of the sector, to avoid the affected product reaching the line of commerce.
Publication date: 2/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: