Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia's largest fruit importer declared bankruptThe Joint Fruit Company, JFC, - Russia's largest importer of fruits, has filed for bankruptcy. The situation has come about as a result of the Arab Spring.
An official from the company said that the company had made losses as the events in the Middle East and North Africa had disrupted business relationships, caused loan defaults and lead to the bankruptcy of some of the organisation's foreign partners.
A source close to the JFC co-owner told the Vedomosti business daily that JFC Head Vladimir Kekhman filed the company's bankruptcy in case the firm would not be able to restructure its loans.
Established in St. Petersburg in 1994, the JFC Group is the international network that manufactures ships and distributes fruits. It owns about 3,000 hectares of banana plantations in Ecuador and Costa-Rica.
Publication date: 2/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: