Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Saudi Arabia: Lulu's stores promoting produce "From Our Land"The Saudi Arabian Agro Fresh Fest branded "From Our Land," is underway and will continue until March 2nd. The event is being conducted by the Lulu Hypermarket chain and the Ministry of Agriculture and is held at the chain's major outlets in Riyadh and Alkhobar.
Abd Al Jalil Bin A. Al-Ashri, director general, agricultural marketing, Ministry of Agriculture, opened the festival in Riyadh with Sameer Al-Rushaid, deputy director at the Ministry of Agriculture, Eastern Province, following suit in Alkhobar.
Lulu is displaying wide ranges of locally grown produce at affordable prices.
For the promotion Lulu stores have been decorated with colorful displays and The Ministry of Agriculture has organised a photo gallery to reveal the growth and development of the Kingdom's agricultural sector. Lulu will exhibit a video documentary produced by the Ministry of Agriculture to explain the agricultural growth of the Kingdom.
Local nurseries and organic products are also being exhibited at the Lulu stores. The hydroponic system of farming will also be displayed.
More 100 varieties of vegetables from different parts of Saudi Arabia are being promoted during the festival.
Publication date: 2/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: