Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Tulare County crop report week ending Feb 18thDeciduous tree fruits, nuts and grapes: New planting of deciduous tree stock continues. Pruning of orchards and vineyards is almost complete. Herbicide spraying continues in orchards. Blooms are becoming more prevalent in stone fruit and almond trees.
Bee boxes are being placed in orchards. Kiwi fruit in cold storages are moving steadily with exports to Mexico. Pistachios are being shipped to Israel, India, China, Hong Kong and the European Union. Walnuts continue to be exported to Israel.
Citrus, avocados and olives: Murcott tangerine harvest continues with some frost damage starting to show. Minneola tangelos are being shipped to Chile, Japan, New Zealand and Korea. Navels continue to be packed and shipped to Korea, Australia, Japan, Chile, New Zealand, China and the European Union.
Lemons are being exported to New Zealand, Russia, Indonesia, Mexico, Columbia, Korea and Japan.
Vegetables, melons and berries: Retail nurseries are receiving vegetables and herb plants for spring planting. Planting of strawberries have begun for spring harvest.
Publication date: 2/21/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: