Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Fresh banana exports grew 24% in 2011In 2011, fresh banana exports registered an annual growth of 24%, up to US$69,2 million. This dynamic was the result of a 28.1% rise in sales of Cavendish Valery banana which reached US$63.5 million and represented 91.7% of the total exports. In an analysis by destination country important rises are revealed in the Netherlands (a 36.3% rise), US (14.8%) and Japan (13.7%). For this year a loss in dynamic will be registered due to economic difficulties in the main importing countries and adverse weather conditions affecting production.
In 2011, the Netherlands received 56.6% of the exported value, followed by the US (20.8%) and Japan (8.2%). Regarding the main exporting companies, the Peruvian Corporation of Banana Development was in first place with 19.2% participation, followed by the Piura's Central of Organic banana small producers Associations (14.2%), the Saman and Annex Organic banana Small producers Association (11.8%) and Bio Costa (10.7%), according to alert@economica.
Publication date: 2/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: