Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Fresh banana exports grew 24% in 2011In 2011, fresh banana exports registered an annual growth of 24%, up to US$69,2 million. This dynamic was the result of a 28.1% rise in sales of Cavendish Valery banana which reached US$63.5 million and represented 91.7% of the total exports. In an analysis by destination country important rises are revealed in the Netherlands (a 36.3% rise), US (14.8%) and Japan (13.7%). For this year a loss in dynamic will be registered due to economic difficulties in the main importing countries and adverse weather conditions affecting production.
In 2011, the Netherlands received 56.6% of the exported value, followed by the US (20.8%) and Japan (8.2%). Regarding the main exporting companies, the Peruvian Corporation of Banana Development was in first place with 19.2% participation, followed by the Piura's Central of Organic banana small producers Associations (14.2%), the Saman and Annex Organic banana Small producers Association (11.8%) and Bio Costa (10.7%), according to alert@economica.
Publication date: 2/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: