Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Fresh banana exports grew 24% in 2011In 2011, fresh banana exports registered an annual growth of 24%, up to US$69,2 million. This dynamic was the result of a 28.1% rise in sales of Cavendish Valery banana which reached US$63.5 million and represented 91.7% of the total exports. In an analysis by destination country important rises are revealed in the Netherlands (a 36.3% rise), US (14.8%) and Japan (13.7%). For this year a loss in dynamic will be registered due to economic difficulties in the main importing countries and adverse weather conditions affecting production.
In 2011, the Netherlands received 56.6% of the exported value, followed by the US (20.8%) and Japan (8.2%). Regarding the main exporting companies, the Peruvian Corporation of Banana Development was in first place with 19.2% participation, followed by the Piura's Central of Organic banana small producers Associations (14.2%), the Saman and Annex Organic banana Small producers Association (11.8%) and Bio Costa (10.7%), according to alert@economica.
Publication date: 2/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: