Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
US: South Dakota growers to recieve federal fundingThose involved in the production of speciality crops in South Dakota can now apply for federal funding for projects that are designed to enhance the competitiveness of fruits, dried fruits, vegetables, tree nuts, nursery crops and horticulture.
The funds can be used for projects that involve research, food safety, nutrition, promotion, distribution, best management procedures, and a variety of other uses to advance the speciality crop industry in South Dakota. The South Dakota Department of Agriculture (SDDA) encourages applicants to develop projects that solely enhance the competitiveness of speciality crops.
"These funds provide support for this growing segment of South Dakota agriculture," said state Secretary of Agriculture Walt Bones. "We look forward to funding projects that have a broad reach and impact across this sector of the industry."
SDDA has established the following priority areas for projects in South Dakota local foods initiatives, promoting speciality crops to institutions and food safety.
Applications may be submitted for projects outside of the priority areas. All applications are due to SDDA by April 2.
The federal funds are part of the Speciality Crop Block Grant, a program funded in the 2008 Farm Bill.
Publication date: 2/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: