Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Enza Zaden presents itself with creativity at Fruit LogisticaThe power of creativity was the theme of Enza Zaden at this year's Fruit Logistica trade fair in Berlin. The company put its innovative nature and its role as a partner within the chain in the limelight. “We see a great deal of developments in trade and cultivation," explains Keimpe Veenstra, Commercial Manager for Heated Greenhouse Crops in North-West Europe at Enza Zaden. “For many years, these parties have focused on innovations, the development of specialisations and the introduction of novelties and new products. They are now giving much more thought to how they can elevate their company to a new level in terms of products and positioning. During the fair, we used intriguing concepts to demonstrate how Enza Zaden and a number of our clients address this issue in practice and how we can provide support in this regard.”
Enza Zaden inside
The creative product concepts were recognisable at the fair by the logo ‘Enza Zaden inside’. The concept comprised a series of processed products with the vegetable varieties of the company as the main ingredient, particularly the tomato varieties Campari and Sunstream and the sweet pepper variety Maranello. These products included Austrian tomato schnapps and vinegar, Dutch chutney, jam, mustard and dressing on the basis of sweet peppers, Japanese tomato juice and Danish tomato ketchup, pesto and soup. These concepts proved very popular and prompted some interesting discussions.
Enza Zaden also devoted attention to creative packaging concepts for the retail sector such as the cardboard tray in which two cucumbers of the Kurios variety are attractively packaged. There was also the so-called national mix containing three peppers in a flow pack in the colours of a national flag.
Market demands quality and flexibility
Naturally, Enza Zaden also acquainted visitors to Fruit Logistica with a number of new varieties. The market is demanding quality and flexibility, and the varieties produced by breeding companies need to satisfy this demand. Enza Zaden therefore presented its new yellow sweet pepper at the fair, with its attractive shape, beautiful colour and good summer quality. The great interest in the small beef tomato, Kanavaro, was also striking. Visitors appreciated its high quality and good presentation thanks to the deep red colour and the firmness of the fruit. The mini plum tomato Ardiles was also popular among visitors due to its flavour and attractive appearance.
Lastly, the quality of the Eazyleaf lettuce concept was very visible at the fair. In general, lettuce that has been frozen collapses completely once defrosted. The Eazyleaf lettuce varieties - which arrived frozen at the fair - looked like they had never been frozen once they had defrosted.
For more information, please visit: www.enzazaden.com
Publication date: 2/16/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: