Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Better year for sultana producersSultana growers are looking forward to record prices of around $2000 a ton this season. This represents a bit change from last season, when some growers did not even bother harvesting as prices were so low.
South Australian Riverland grower, Philip Sims, says quality has increased significantly and more Australian consumers are demanding local produce.
"There is a big demand for Australian sultanas and probably mainly by Australian consumers who've had the pleasure for many years of eating Australian sultanas and they are now feeling that some of the stuff they're getting is not what they're used to getting."
Publication date: 2/16/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: