Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Better year for sultana producersSultana growers are looking forward to record prices of around $2000 a ton this season. This represents a bit change from last season, when some growers did not even bother harvesting as prices were so low.
South Australian Riverland grower, Philip Sims, says quality has increased significantly and more Australian consumers are demanding local produce.
"There is a big demand for Australian sultanas and probably mainly by Australian consumers who've had the pleasure for many years of eating Australian sultanas and they are now feeling that some of the stuff they're getting is not what they're used to getting."
Publication date: 2/16/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: