Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Better year for sultana producersSultana growers are looking forward to record prices of around $2000 a ton this season. This represents a bit change from last season, when some growers did not even bother harvesting as prices were so low.
South Australian Riverland grower, Philip Sims, says quality has increased significantly and more Australian consumers are demanding local produce.
"There is a big demand for Australian sultanas and probably mainly by Australian consumers who've had the pleasure for many years of eating Australian sultanas and they are now feeling that some of the stuff they're getting is not what they're used to getting."
Publication date: 2/16/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: