Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam centralises food inspection to meet EU regsInspections of fruits and vegetables are to be conducted throughout the country in an effort to centralise standards in line with the EU's regulations on plant quarantine and food safety, said Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Cao Duc Phat.
The ministry is calling upon its Plant protection Department to issue growers with guidelines on EU expectations for exported foods.
This is a result of findings of several batches of Vietnamese fruits and vegetables containing a micro organism that violates EU food safety regulations.
The European Commission's Directorate-General for Health and Consumers reported that the uncovering of five more violations would result in an embargo of Vietnamese produce.
Customs clearance would be issued when the exporters were able to show plant quarantine certificates for their products, said Phat.
Publication date: 2/15/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: