Job offersmore »
- Service Engineer - US & Canada
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dominican Republic: Focusing efforts on bananas to EuropeThe agricultural sector in the Dominican Republic has been focusing its efforts on the production of bananas, in order to increase exports to Europe.
The Republic is one of ten countries receiving funding from the European Commission through the Banana Accompanying Measure project. In total the ten countries were allocated 190 million Euro in order to help them adapt to modern international markets.
It is anticipated that the Dominican share of this will be somewhere in the region of 15 million Euro, which intends to put to use in making its banana industry more competitive and increasing harvests in terms of yield and quality standards as recognised internationally.
Publication date: 2/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: