Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria: Growth in cashew industry could create 300,000 jobsThe Cashew Nut Association of Nigeria has ambitious growth plans for its industry - 400,000 tons per annum by the close of 2012. Currently the amount produced is closer to 10,000 tons. Quite a boost, but that is the plan of Association President, Tola Faseru.
Faseru says that the growth will be very good for the country's economy - 1,000 new businesses are expected to start up as a result of increased cashew production. These, it is anticipated, will secure permanent employment for 300,000 people, in an industry that already employs a similar number.
Unemployment is a major issue in Nigeria so this is welcome news indeed. The new jobs would not just be in directly agricultural roles, but also in processing, roasting, salting and packaging for example.
Publication date: 2/13/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: