Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Latest on UK salmonella outbreakThe salmonella outbreak that has affected over 35 people in the UK, leading to the death of one, continues. The infections have been linked to watermelon consumption. The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has pointed out that the person who died already had underlying health problems which meant that he struggled to fight off the infection more than a healthy person would.
Most of the cases are being reported from the east of England, but the outbreak started in Wales and there have been cases covering most of the UK.
Sections of the US media are claiming that the infections originate in Brazilian imports of sliced watermelon.
Authorities in the UK are reminding consumers that the chances of becoming ill from fresh produce of any sort is very low and that these cases represent only a very small percentage of the UK population as a whole.
Consumers are reminded that it is highly advisable to wash fruit and vegetables prior to consumption.
Source: www.thegrocer.co.uk; topnews.us
Publication date: 2/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: