Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- Panama: The first industrial commercial nursery certified to produce and export seedlings
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CO): Gin soaked raisins provide arthritis reliefColorado based Drunken Raisins is challenging arthritis sufferers to eat a handful of gin soaked raisins to combat the rising costs of prescription medicines.
“Medication and surgery aren’t the only choices for people with arthritis inflammation,” says Larry Wright, Drunken Raisins founder. “We’re not encouraging people to stop their medications, we’re just asking them to experience what thousands of others swear by as a healthy way of reducing pain.”
And with the price of brand-name prescription medication increasing an overall 7.2 percent in 2011, the “What Have You Got to Lose” challenge is being welcomed.
Rather than increasing doses of medicine to keep arthritis pain at bay, Drunken Raisins users are finding relief by adding eight or nine raisins to their morning oatmeal. “I started this company because gin-soaked raisins gave me so much relief from my own arthritis pain,” says Wright.
The company are recommending a three month trial of the product and are offering a discount to consumers looking to put this to the test currently.
Publication date: 2/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: