Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CO): Gin soaked raisins provide arthritis reliefColorado based Drunken Raisins is challenging arthritis sufferers to eat a handful of gin soaked raisins to combat the rising costs of prescription medicines.
“Medication and surgery aren’t the only choices for people with arthritis inflammation,” says Larry Wright, Drunken Raisins founder. “We’re not encouraging people to stop their medications, we’re just asking them to experience what thousands of others swear by as a healthy way of reducing pain.”
And with the price of brand-name prescription medication increasing an overall 7.2 percent in 2011, the “What Have You Got to Lose” challenge is being welcomed.
Rather than increasing doses of medicine to keep arthritis pain at bay, Drunken Raisins users are finding relief by adding eight or nine raisins to their morning oatmeal. “I started this company because gin-soaked raisins gave me so much relief from my own arthritis pain,” says Wright.
The company are recommending a three month trial of the product and are offering a discount to consumers looking to put this to the test currently.
Publication date: 2/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: