Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Carrier of citrus greening turns up in San Gorgonio PassThe Citrus Psyllid has been detected in various places around the state since 2008, but the disease it spreads, huanglongbing, or citrus greening disease, has yet to be found anywhere in the state.
The psyllid has now turned up in the San Gorgonio Pass on a number of residential sites. The state Department of Food and Agriculture has now announced expansion of the emergency program to eradicate the pest in this area.
Huanglongbing is "the most devastating disease to citrus in the world," Food and Agriculture officials warned in January.
State scientists hope to wipe out the pest in the Pass by spraying and soil saturation with synthetic insecticides, Dr. Bryan Eya, state Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment said Tuesday night.
No quarantine is to be applied, but residents have been warned against transporting cuttings or plants from the area.
The closest outbreak of citrus greening to California has been in Yucatan, Mexico.
Publication date: 2/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: