Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Carrier of citrus greening turns up in San Gorgonio PassThe Citrus Psyllid has been detected in various places around the state since 2008, but the disease it spreads, huanglongbing, or citrus greening disease, has yet to be found anywhere in the state.
The psyllid has now turned up in the San Gorgonio Pass on a number of residential sites. The state Department of Food and Agriculture has now announced expansion of the emergency program to eradicate the pest in this area.
Huanglongbing is "the most devastating disease to citrus in the world," Food and Agriculture officials warned in January.
State scientists hope to wipe out the pest in the Pass by spraying and soil saturation with synthetic insecticides, Dr. Bryan Eya, state Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment said Tuesday night.
No quarantine is to be applied, but residents have been warned against transporting cuttings or plants from the area.
The closest outbreak of citrus greening to California has been in Yucatan, Mexico.
Publication date: 2/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: