Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Greenhouses involve a great investment, but yield good results"
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Edible ink allows invisible label printing on fruit
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Fruit and veg aids healthy eyesightThe recently released results of a study appear to demonstrate that consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables can significantly lower the risk of eye problems.
The research was carried out by Louise Katz from the Columbia State University and involved the polling of over 400 students at the institution to discuss their eating habits and needs for visual correction.
The results revealed that 60 per cent of young people had myopia or the early stages of near-sightedness, with many using contact lenses or glasses to correct the problem.
However, this was much lower in students who regularly ate fresh produce, suggesting that a healthy lifestyle can benefit eyesight.
Professor Katz said that more work is need to prove the initial results of the study, which is published in the Journal of Behavioural Optometry, but the primary evidence is promising as a means of averting vision problems.
Publication date: 2/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: