Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Besseling Group introduces the Fruit ObserverControlled Atmosphere (CA) is an agricultural storage concept. The atmospheric conditions regulated in this concept prolong storage of fresh fruits with a minimum loss of quality. It enables produce to be supplied throughout the year whilst the quality is maintained.
The concept of CA has evolved and refined more and more during the years. Development of different and more fine-tuned formulas for atmospheres and a more constant and frequent control of the gaseous parameters on which Besseling and its partners have been working on, have resulted in a “new“ storage concept/technology. Fruit Observer:
Storage at extreme low oxygen levels is a good alternative for the battle against scald. It can also lead to a longer and better storage time without major quality loss. Our sensor indicates when the lowest possible oxygen concentration has been reached.
Other interesting features of our sensor will be continuous measurement of maturity, firmness and internal defects. The Fruit Observer indicates when the fruit loses its value. Selling the fruit at the right moment assures you the best possible price for your fresh produce.
The Fruit Observer is still under development.
For more information:
Tel: +31-229-212154 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +31-229-212154 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Publication date: 2/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: