Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Varekamp Coldstores launches VCS PortalVarekamp Coldstores believes accurate and reliable information is a cornerstone of their daily business. In order to manage the data and keep track of produce and movements, Varekamp Coldstores uses a comprehensive warehouse management system (WMS) in conjunction with barcode scanning throughout the logistic process. Every time movement is logged and confirmation thereof is sent to clients via e-mail automatically. “Due to our growing international client base, spanning across various time zones, it became imperative that our clients gain access to their data in our system.” – Marc Vermeulen, project leader VCS Portal.
Together with Thysia Information Management located in Breda (The Netherlands), an expert in their field, VCS portal was based on Microsoft’s SharePoint. Ease of use and security were the primary concerns when building this online tool. “We don’t put our database online, instead, via a secure link an electronic ‘request’ to our WMS will be sent. This request can be for a spread of historical data, specific arrivals, pallet movements or a stock-take. Even an invoice can be generated as PDF by the click of a button. The beauty of the process is that it’s 100% real time.”
“But we go beyond. Many of our customers are (overseas) exporters or importers, dealing with retail organisations in Europe directly. We make their lives even easier by giving their receiving customers access to our web portal as well. Of course these ‘clients of our clients’, as we call them occasionally at Varekamp, will see relevant logistic data only. They will have limited access to information by means of a ‘rights structure’. Our direct clients can choose the level of displayed information for their clients.” – Marc Vermeulen
VCS Portal has already been running for a few months and the initial reactions from clients are one of praise. By using VCS Portal, they save time and do have effective communication with shippers, receivers and Varekamp employees. VCS Portal is supporting the sales activities of clients.
“Since we used SharePoint in building VCS Portal, the development potential is broadened for future use so that if clients make specific recommendations or requests, we can speedily implement these.” – Marc Vermeulen
For more information:
Tel: +31 (0) 174 272 306 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +31 (0) 174 272 306 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Please visit us in Hall 3.2 stand B-07 as participant of the Van Rijn Group.
Please ask for Willem Nowee, commercial director, for more information on VCS portal.
Publication date: 1/26/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: