Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Frost hits European fruit and vegetable sector hard
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"No frost - no export"
Cauliflower trade anxiously await frost
The cauliflower market is experiencing a quiet period. The price of the cauliflower is between 5 and 5.50 Euro per crate. "It is not going smoothly. All countries have more than enough production. There is no winter and therefore no export. Spain, France, Italy and Greece: all countries have far too much production" a dejected trader sums up.
On the other side it is, according to the trader, also not an extreme situation. "It is
a very quiet period, but we actually experience that every year. And it is not only for cauliflower but also for almost all other products. We hope we will have frost, because then we can again start exporting. The export is just about non existent just now. Do not get upset too much. Settling down may save you!"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: