Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"No frost - no export"
Cauliflower trade anxiously await frost
The cauliflower market is experiencing a quiet period. The price of the cauliflower is between 5 and 5.50 Euro per crate. "It is not going smoothly. All countries have more than enough production. There is no winter and therefore no export. Spain, France, Italy and Greece: all countries have far too much production" a dejected trader sums up.
On the other side it is, according to the trader, also not an extreme situation. "It is
a very quiet period, but we actually experience that every year. And it is not only for cauliflower but also for almost all other products. We hope we will have frost, because then we can again start exporting. The export is just about non existent just now. Do not get upset too much. Settling down may save you!"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: