Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
"No frost - no export"
Cauliflower trade anxiously await frost
The cauliflower market is experiencing a quiet period. The price of the cauliflower is between 5 and 5.50 Euro per crate. "It is not going smoothly. All countries have more than enough production. There is no winter and therefore no export. Spain, France, Italy and Greece: all countries have far too much production" a dejected trader sums up.
On the other side it is, according to the trader, also not an extreme situation. "It is
a very quiet period, but we actually experience that every year. And it is not only for cauliflower but also for almost all other products. We hope we will have frost, because then we can again start exporting. The export is just about non existent just now. Do not get upset too much. Settling down may save you!"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: