Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"No frost - no export"
Cauliflower trade anxiously await frost
The cauliflower market is experiencing a quiet period. The price of the cauliflower is between 5 and 5.50 Euro per crate. "It is not going smoothly. All countries have more than enough production. There is no winter and therefore no export. Spain, France, Italy and Greece: all countries have far too much production" a dejected trader sums up.
On the other side it is, according to the trader, also not an extreme situation. "It is
a very quiet period, but we actually experience that every year. And it is not only for cauliflower but also for almost all other products. We hope we will have frost, because then we can again start exporting. The export is just about non existent just now. Do not get upset too much. Settling down may save you!"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: