Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"No frost - no export"
Cauliflower trade anxiously await frost
The cauliflower market is experiencing a quiet period. The price of the cauliflower is between 5 and 5.50 Euro per crate. "It is not going smoothly. All countries have more than enough production. There is no winter and therefore no export. Spain, France, Italy and Greece: all countries have far too much production" a dejected trader sums up.
On the other side it is, according to the trader, also not an extreme situation. "It is
a very quiet period, but we actually experience that every year. And it is not only for cauliflower but also for almost all other products. We hope we will have frost, because then we can again start exporting. The export is just about non existent just now. Do not get upset too much. Settling down may save you!"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: