Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Curry & Co. expands carrot programCurry & Company has expanded their carrot program beyond their award-winning Vidalia Sweet Carrot program to include North Carolina carrots this winter.
The carrots are grown in Ellerbe, NC and will be packed at Curry & Co.’s facility in Statesboro, GA. They give East coast retailers the opportunity to source local and regionally grown carrots during the winter months.
According to Curry & Co.’s Dave Hicks, “The quality of this year’s crop is outstanding, we’ve had cool nights and warm days which have been ideal for growing. Our carrot growing region has sandy soils and we use an energy efficient irrigation system for the entire crop which isn’t common in North Carolina. Overall, I think consumers will enjoy the great flavor of our North Carolina carrots.”
The addition of North Carolina carrots to Curry & Co.’s overall carrot program now gives them availability from December-June on cello carrots. Curry & Co.’s Vidalia Sweet Carrot program was launched in the spring of 2011 and received the Joe Nucci Award for Product Innovation in service of Expanding Consumption of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables which was awarded at this year’s NY Produce Show and Conference in November.
According to company President, Matt Curry, ‘We had strong demand for our Vidalia Sweet Carrots in 2011 and have been asked by several of our customers if we had other carrot offerings, we are pleased to announce that we will be shipping fresh grown North Carolina carrots throughout January.
Curry & Co.’s North Carolina carrots will feature the newly designed Curry & Co. Carrot logo on all their bags. They will initially offer 1-, 2- and 3 lb. consumer bags as well as larger bulk offerings for foodservice. All product will load at the company’s warehouse in Statesboro, GA. The majority of the carrots will be marketed locally or regionally given the size of this initial crop, although the quality of the carrots will allow Curry & Co. to ship throughout North America.
Curry & Co. is headquartered in Brooks, OR. They are year round suppliers of sweet onions, onions, potatoes and blueberries and added seasonal carrots to their program in 2011. Visit them at www.curryandco.com
Publication date: 1/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: