Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam fruit exports to rise 12-13% in 2012Vietnam fruit exports is expected to rise 12-13% in 2012, Huynh Quang Dau, Deputy Chairman of Vietnam Fruit &Vegetables Association (Vinafruit) said. In 2011, Vietnam is estimated to reap $0.6 billion from fruit and vegetables exports, surpassing 27.66% the target ($0.47 billion), Dau said, adding that these figures does not include the nich exports to China, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and at sight exports ( traders directly bought at the farmers’ gardens) which were not calculated.
Vietnam’s fruit and vegetables businesses are facing difficulties as they are unable to meet large orders. Therefore, the State should support the sector to build the specialized material area such as Binh Thuan, dragon fruit, Bac Giang litchi fruit and Da Lat vegetables areas to boost exports, Dau added.
Publication date: 1/3/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: