Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam fruit exports to rise 12-13% in 2012Vietnam fruit exports is expected to rise 12-13% in 2012, Huynh Quang Dau, Deputy Chairman of Vietnam Fruit &Vegetables Association (Vinafruit) said. In 2011, Vietnam is estimated to reap $0.6 billion from fruit and vegetables exports, surpassing 27.66% the target ($0.47 billion), Dau said, adding that these figures does not include the nich exports to China, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and at sight exports ( traders directly bought at the farmers’ gardens) which were not calculated.
Vietnam’s fruit and vegetables businesses are facing difficulties as they are unable to meet large orders. Therefore, the State should support the sector to build the specialized material area such as Binh Thuan, dragon fruit, Bac Giang litchi fruit and Da Lat vegetables areas to boost exports, Dau added.
Publication date: 1/3/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: