Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: 100,000 seedlings of Hass avocado to be planted in AncashThe district of La Primavera, in the province of Bolognesi within the region of Ancash, has allocated 200 hectares for the production of Hass avocado with a projected 100,000 seedlings to be installed during 2017. The planting of 15,000 seedlings in 30 hectares will begin in January, with the support of Sierra and Selva Exportadora and the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation.
This installation will take place in the municipal nursery of that district, and the production will be aimed at the external market; benefiting around 50 small producers in the area, according to Eduardo Huaraca Vargas, district mayor of La Primavera.
This important achievement of the municipal nursery is part of the strategy to improve the fruit production value chain, which will help increase competitiveness and access better conditions in the international market.
Thus, this pilot nursery will be replicated in nine other districts of the province of Bolognesi and others, including: Mangas, Copa, Abelardo Pardo Lezameta, Canis, San Miguel de Corpanqui, Ticllos, Llipa, San Cristobal de Rajan, and Cajamarquilla.
Through the National Hass avocado and other Fruits Program, Sierra and Selva Exportadora will provide technical support regarding the installation, management, and implementation of Good Practices in nurseries. They will also provide training for producers and technicians of the aforementioned district municipality.
Currently, they are promoting associativity between producers in the area, so that they can have access to grant funds and can finance new ventures. Sierra and Selva Exportadora expect to provide technical advice to 35 fruit nurseries nationwide in 2017.
It is worth noting that the installation of 200 hectares is assured, as the Subsectorial Irrigation Program (PSI) is culminating in the construction of the irrigation canal in La Primavera, which will promote the sustainable development of irrigation systems.
Publication date: 1/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: