Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
- Account Manager Australia & New Zealand
- General Manager – Vegetables and Herbs production
- Managing Director Vietnam
- Quality Control Manager - Australia
- Managing Director - Kent Based
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Organic farming 'boosts biodiversity and bees'
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
- Driscoll’s takes berry experience to the next level
Exchange ratesmore »
Discussion on developments in the value chain, with from left to right Francis Kint, Univeg; Mart Valstar, Best Fresh Group; Rory Byrne, Total Produce; Chris White.
From 25th to 27th of May the FRESH2011 took place in Rotterdam. The location was the Hilton Hotel, Rotterdam and the event received many important visitors.
Philippe Binard of Freshfel gives a talk on Food Safety; Tom Stenzel of the United Fresh Produce Association discusses with the panel members.
While FRESH remains a relatively small congress, it is still one where you can meet the top of the European produce world. Everyone is on a relatively small floor area, people are easy to approach and the advantage is that here people actually have time for you, while at larger events, the pressure is much higher.
Magnus Scheving, leading actor in the television series for children Lazy Town lets Chris White experience for a moment what its like to be a superhero: just give us a push-up on 1 hand and 1 foot for 10 seconds!
There were a number of highlights of the day including the speeches of Johan Linden of Dole and Philip Smits of The Greenery on the topic of Direct Sourcing, and the discussion that followed. Equally entertaining, yet on another level, was the entrance of Magnus Scheving of LazyTown, who came on stage walking on his hands and shortly after managed to get the host of the event, Chris White of Eurofruit Magazine, to perform a push-up on stage. Magnus knows very well how to get his audience to cross boundaries, is charismatic and very convinced of the huge value of fresh fruit and vegetables. Actually, he built a complete TV-show for children from 2 to 7 around it http://www.lazytown.com).
An animated presentation of Magnus Scheving, Lazy Town. He calls for the communication of a single message from our industry to consumers. He also drives the point of stimulating a healthy produce consumption pattern amongst kids from 2 to 7 years old: that way they will stay loyal to produce for the rest of their lives. Companies can create a partnership with Lazy Town in labeling their products in supermarkets and by tapping into the merchandising around Lazy Town.
Nic Jooste of Cool Fresh welcomes all his guests for dinner.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: