Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Misiones starts onion production
The Ministry of Agriculture and the Production from Mission are accompanying producers in the onion planting and harvesting stages in Misiones. Last week, the Undersecretary of Development and Production Plant, engineer Yaco Mazal, and his technical team toured the area of Jardín America.
In their tour, they met with engineer Juan Carlos Carvallo, and then visited producers from the towns of Puerto Leoni and Colonia Polana.
"We must continue working to incorporate new technologies, mechanization, and continue with the technical training we've been developing in the framework of the Horticultural Provincial Committee; as these are essential components to increase productivity and profitability in the farms," said Mazal.
"It is important to show that we can produce other crops - Misiones is much more than herbs, tea, and snuff." This basin has about 65 hectares devoted to the production of onions and all of this production is marketed; not only in the province, as we also have some customers from Chaco that come to buy our production," he added. "We saw different productive realities in terms of crop management in this tour, but it is clear that producers are making a great effort and are very dedicated," the undersecretary said.
Source: Nea Rural
Publication date: 11/2/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: