Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Farm Fresh Produce congratulated by GLOBALG.A.P for taking pioneering step in sweet potato industry
- Honeycrisp wasn’t an overnight success, but took off like a rocket
- "Nadorcott are really great little clementines"
- China: Multiple selling channels bring success for red-hearted kiwis
- Colombia: Pineapple growers to reveal lessons from Costa Rica
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Produce shipper discusses benefits of new facility in McAllen, TX
Maglio Companies, headquartered in Wisconsin, opened a fourth location about a year ago. In addition to locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Massachusetts, the new brick and mortar facility in McAllen, TX allows the company to distribute across the United States.
“The facility was added to accommodate the continued surge of dry vegetable growth out of Mexico,” says Paul Schulz with Maglio Companies. “It also supports us in enhancing the business growth of Market Source, our division that specializes in limes.” The main products that go through this facility are limes, tomatoes, avocados, squash, broccoli, cabbage, cucumbers, carrots, onions and multiple pepper varieties.
“Opening up a facility in McAllen enables us to keep an eye on the product. We are now the first receiver on the US side which allows us to control all aspects of quantity, quality, transportation, storage and traceability,” shared Schulz. “This is key from a food safety perspective and supports us in improving our supplier relationships.”
The 30,000 sq. ft. repack and fresh-cut facility has six dock doors and four independently controlled temperature zones. Each room can hold 15 loads, bringing the total cold storage capacity to 60 loads. All temperature zones are GFSI certified.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: