Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Hail causes damage to Calanda peaches
The hailstorm that hit Albalate del Arzobispo and Alcañiz this week has caused major damage to agricultural crops, especially to Calanda peaches, which were already bagged and in an advanced growth stage. The same storm is now heading towards Maella and Matarraña.
The hailstones reached the size of ping-pong balls and were accompanied by water and strong gusts of wind. In the case of Alcañiz, there is concern about the damage that may have been inflicted in the hamlet of Puigmoreno, especially in the peach fields, where the fruit, protected under the PDO Melocotón de Calanda, was already bagged in preparation for the campaign.
Moreover, a tornado has hit the province of Teruel in the area of Alcañiz, Urrea de Gaén and other places.
For its part, the General Directorate of Justice and Home Affairs reports that the State Meteorological Agency (AEMET) has issued an alert, warning that the risk of storms has increased by one degree in the Bajo Aragón, from yellow to orange.
On Tuesday, storms were also recorded in the province of Teruel, but without major consequences.
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: