Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: More than 3,000 hectares of Mao County plums enter the market
The Qingcui plums of Mao County ripen and enter the market every year in July. The harvest season begins in July and lasts until October. The unique conditions in Mao County, including elevation, climate, sunlight, and water sources, all contribute to the characteristic flavor of Qingcui plums. The Qingcui plum is often praised as the king of plums.
Farmers harvest Qingcui plums
The high elevation and abundant sunlight add to the coloration of Qingcui plums. The temperature differences are great, which contributes to the sugar content of Qingcui plums. Consumers welcome the plum with open arms the moment Qingcui plums from Mao County enter the market.
The surface area devoted to Qingcui plum orchards in Mao County is 3,333 hectares. The estimated production volume is 100 thousand tons with a production value of 500 million yuan [73.3 million USD]. The Qingcui plum industry is an important source of income for the people of Mao County.
Source: Sichuan Online
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: