Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Neogen acquires water microbiology testing technology
Neogen Corporation has announced that it has acquired Clarus Labs, Inc. The acquisition provides Neogen products, and greater access to the $400 million global water microbiology testing market.
The acquisition includes the patented Colitag water test, which detects dangerous coliform bacteria (i.e., bacteria normally found in the intestine), including E. coli, in water. Colitag also detects coliforms that have been weakened, but not killed, by inadequate water treatment efforts — including microorganisms capable of causing human illness.
"Neogen has offered Colitag to the food and beverage industries in the United States and Canada through a distribution agreement since 2004. This acquisition reverses that agreement, as we take ownership of the technology and work with a sister company to distribute the technology to markets outside of our traditional markets — including municipal water departments," said Dr. Jason Lilly, Neogen's vice president of corporate development.
"The technology represents an extremely good fit for Neogen. The advanced water test is a practical safety solution for our thousands of existing worldwide food safety customers, including many large water bottlers, and provides a substantial opportunity in our international markets."
Neogen will continue to work closely with the sister company of Clarus Labs, CPI International of Santa Rosa, Calif. CPI International has been a long-time partner of both Neogen and Clarus Labs in the manufacturing and distribution of the Colitag water testing product.
For more information;
Steven J. Quinlan
Neogen CorporationTel: +1 517 372-9200
Publication date: 8/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: