Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hazel Technologies welcomes new avocado partner
Hazel Technologies, a USDA-funded company developing new shelf-life extension technologies for fresh produce, announces a new partnership with AMR Agro, one of the largest packers and exporters of green-skin avocados in the Dominican Republic. The partnership will initially focus on one of Hazel’s most recent innovations in post-harvest quality technology, Hazel® Avocado. After successful commercial trials with Hazel® Avocado, AMR has adapted its use across a variety of their export programs from the Dominican Republic in order to maintain excellent quality products with minimal waste during transport.
The Dominican Republic, once 8th in global avocado production as recently as 2011, is now 2nd globally in total production by volume, behind Mexico. AMR Agro, originally founded in 2007, exports to international markets including the U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Spain, Holland, France and U.K.
“Over the past decade, AMR Agro has grown to be a premier packer and exporter of agricultural products from the Dominican Republic,” said Raul Reyes, general manager at AMR Agro. “Through our dedicated partnerships and investments in new, proven technologies such as Hazel® Avocado, we are able to provide higher quality fruit to our customers, increase profits, and reduce waste.”
Raul Reyes with AMR Agro and Mario Cervantes with Hazel Technologies.
Hazel® Avocado is a small packaging insert that is placed in the box during packing to reduce respiration rate and increase resistance to ethylene, resulting in longer fruit shelf-life and a higher quality presentation following shipping. In the past year, more than 100 prominent fresh produce shippers have partnered with Hazel®, including DFI Marketing for use with melons, and Agritrade Farms for use with okra.
“International interest in Hazel Technologies products has increased faster than anticipated,” said Aidan Mouat, CEO and co-founder of Hazel Technologies. “We look forward to building our relationship with AMR Agro and continuing to build traction in the United States and Latin America in the coming months.”
For more information:
Hazel Technologies, Inc
Publication date: 8/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: