Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tasteful Selections expanding again to accommodate rapid growth
Tasteful Selections, a pioneer in the growing bite-size potato category, announces another facility expansion to accommodate growing customer and consumer demand.
A specialty potato brand from RPE Inc., Tasteful Selections underwent three prior expansions since coming to market in 2010.
- In the company’s infancy, the bite-size potato category was a small fraction in the potato category, at just three percent of the market. Since 2010, when Tasteful Selections opened its doors as a grower, packer, and shipper of small potatoes, the category has grown significantly; now taking up almost 18 percent of the potato category in both sales and supply.
- With the rapid growth of demand, the need for a larger facility came into play just five years after Tasteful Selections opened its doors. In 2015, Tasteful Selections expanded from its original location to a bigger, 200,000 square foot facility near Bakersfield, California, expanding production capacity, adding washing stations and shipping docks, and developing more sophisticated refrigeration and storage capabilities.
- After double-digit growth in 2016, Tasteful Selections broke ground yet again as more space was needed to meet the exceeding demand. To the east side of the new building, 70,000 square feet of an additional quality control room and cold storage was added to meet demand.
Now, Tasteful Selections is proud to announce that consumer demand is once again requiring an expansion. Scheduled for completion in early September, an additional 148,000 square feet of cold storage and seed processing will be added to the now 418,000 square foot facility.
“The amount of success we have experienced with Tasteful Selections is unprecedented,” explained Russell Wysocki, president and CEO of RPE Inc. “Because of the constantly increasing consumer demand, the recent expansions to our facility in Arvin, California was needed to help us meet the needs and fill the orders of all our customers. With this expansion we are excited that in addition to our facility expansion our product line will be expanding as well.”
Tasteful Selections will be showcasing new products at PMA Fresh Summit October 18-20 In Orlando, FL.
Publication date: 8/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: