Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Not a squirrel, but the postman
Security camera reveals Montreal tomato thiefWhen a Montreal couple’s home-grown tomatoes started disappearing, they suspected the culprit was a squirrel. Then they watched security camera footage and caught the postman red-handed.
Paula Habib says the produce she was growing in hanging baskets outside of her home in the Town of Mount Royal started disappearing in June. “We had a full set of tomatoes and then all of a sudden the tomatoes started going down. We didn't take any ourselves.”
They recently checked out the footage from a security camera trained on their front door. It showed the postman eating their tomatoes on at least four different occasions in recent days.
The Canada Post employee also appeared to be helping himself to a neighbour’s strawberries.
“It's rude,” Habib said. “He never came to the door and said, ‘I took one of your tomatoes and it was really good,’ or made a joke about it. He was just doing it and couldn't care less.”
Habib says she doesn’t want the postman fired but would like an apology, and perhaps some restitution in the form of a strawberry pie or tomato sauce.
Www.ctvnews.ca reported that Canada Post says it will investigate.
Publication date: 7/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: