Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Noble Orchards, California
Paradise apple grower installs electric fence to discourage bearsNoble Orchards has installed an electric fence in an effort to deter bears that eat their apples.
Defenders of Wildlife, USDA Wildlife Services and the Natural Resources Defense Council have partnered with Noble Orchards to construct fencing at the orchard on Pentz Road. The goal is to reduce the number of black bear encounters. The electric fence assembled around the property will prevent the bears from accessing to ripe fruit that attracts them to the orchards.
Noble Orchards got depredation permits on more than one occasion last year in an effort to protect the crop. Major damage to the variety of apple and fruit trees forced the Nobles to replant. A total of 832 producing trees were damaged and destroyed and the damage loss totaled over $2.3 million, according to owner Jim Noble.
According to chicoer.com, the eight-foot barrier fence is enough to shock the bears but is not lethal. The fence will also keep out other wild animals such as deer. The fencing will be fabricated with electric wiring as well as woven.
Publication date: 7/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: