Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dubai’s Al Aweer Fruits and Vegetables Market gets makeoverSweating and fretting in summer heat will be a thing of the past for customers and traders at the Central Fruits and Vegetable Market in Al Aweer in Dubai. By the end of 2019, fresher fruits and vegetables and a cooler shopping experience will be available for customers at Dubai’s largest market for fresh produce.
Both retail and wholesale sections of the sprawling market spread over one-square-kilometre area will be air-conditioned in the ongoing Dh370-million (€86 mln) renovation and development project.
Ahmad Abdul Karim, assistant director-general of Dubai Municipality for General Support Sector told Gulf News that air-conditioning the market was one of the most important demands of the traders.
Faisal Juma Al Badaiwi, head of Markets Management Section of the municipality’s Assets Management Department, said the project will be completed ahead of Expo 2020, when the market will receive a huge volume of fresh produce.
Publication date: 7/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: