Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Mobile applications for the avocado sector
The Association of Producers, Packers and Exporters of Avocados of Mexico (APEAM) started an innovation project at the beginning of this year that allowed it to develop two mobile applications for smartphones. One of them was developed especially for the use of the producing sector and the second one, which contributes to the new health practices culture, is for the producing sector, the packing sector, and the general public.
According to a press release, in April of this year the APEAM officially launched its first mobile application called 'APEAM Inocuidad', which can help facilitate the export of avocado in the conditions required by the international markets, assist producers comply with phytosanitary and health measures, and get the certification from the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Development Rural, Fishing and Food (Sagarpa) and the Department of Agriculture of the United States (USDA).
This App was developed by the Information Technology Management of the Association, in conjunction with the Head of the Safety area. The objective was to provide a practical and simple knowledge base on the safety standard of fresh agricultural products of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA Law) based on the standardized curriculum of the Produce Safety Alliance.
The new mobile application, known as "App 2.3", which is available for the iOS and Android operating systems, will allow producers to:
- Consult information about each of their orchards certified for export to the USA in real time
- See information accumulated by production seasons
- Current status or changes in the status of the orchards (if it is programmable, if it is certified by the USDA, if it has programmed cuts, etc.)
- Downloading the history of the pesticide residues analysis document made in conjunction with the APEAM.
- Access a directory of Associated Packages to APEAM AC and the official stockholders that represent them
- Another important benefit of the App is that it will have an official communications section that will allow all associated producers to be better informed.
- In general, it is a very useful and simple tool that will provide producers from Michoacan valuable information.
This information is part of APEAM's effort to facilitate all the necessary works for the export of avocados in the optimum conditions required by the markets and to show the impartial and transparent management of the resources that ensures a fair, equitable, and responsible representation of the program costs without distinction between producers and packers.
Mobile applications can be downloaded from the APEAM website www.apeamac.com
Publication date: 7/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: