Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Drones transforming agriculture in AfricaDrones have gone from being aerial vehicles, used for military purposes, to delivering lifesaving medical equipment, recreational uses, crop monitoring to security devices. Currently, drones are being used in various African regions; often in rural areas where it is challenging to move around. Agriculture is one of the African sectors where the usage of drones is applicable.
Techinafrica.com listed some of the initiatives. Investiv Group, an agritech start-up from Ivory Coast, uses drones to assist farmers carry out pre-farming studies on their farms and harvest forecasting with a goal of increasing farm production.
WeFly Agri helps farmers to check and manage the operations of their farms locally. Joseph-Olivier Biley founded the start-up after paying a visit to his father’s farm and discovering that workers were illegally constructing their own farms on it.
Maisam Pyarali together with his five friends developed a drone in 2015 to assist Tanzanian farmers in checking on their crops. The drone relieves the farmers from the need of walking driving or walking around their large acres piece of land.
Based in SA Aerial Monitoring Solutions, FarmPin, ALTI, and Aerobotics are helping farmers in collecting data. AeroShutter is also doing the same thing in Ghana.
Parrot-Airinov partnered with CTA to support a project that targeted to calibrate the diagnostic model for nitrogen fertilization on wheat in Rwanda.
Publication date: 7/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: