Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Total worth: $200 billion
US plans tariffs on 6000+ Chinese productsThe Trump administration has fired the latest shot in the ongoing trade war with China, highlighting $200 billion worth of items that are eligible for a 10% tariff on products imported from China. The list is extensive, spanning 195 pages.
A number of product categories overlap with ones that were targeted in the first round of US tariffs on $34 billion worth of goods which came into effect last week. But the new list is impressive in both detail and scope, categorised by an extensive list of sub-indexes which align with World Trade Organisation protocols.
Business Insider gave us a breakdown of the main items within each product category:
- Food and beverage items: Seafood, dairy products, wheat and grain, nuts, dried fruits, fruit juices, mineral water, and beer and wine products.
- Chemicals: Chemical-based products and concentrates which appear to comprise a vast number of elements in the periodic table.
- Electronics: Various domestic electrical appliances, flash-lights, lamps, ovens, microwaves, television and radio.
- Fabrics: Leather, travel bags, fur products, wool, cotton, synthetic fibres, textiles, woven and knitted products.
- Metals and machinery: Precious metals, alloys, iron ore and steel products, copper, nickel, zinc, tin, interchangeable tools, combustion engines, air conditioning units, hydraulic jacks, cranes and pipes.
- Vehicles: Bikes, tractors, trailers, cars, car parts and vessels (boats).
- Furniture and antiques: Chairs, seats, couches, mattresses, tables, paintings, original sculptures and antiques.
Publication date: 7/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: