Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Blended burgers working their way into meal kits
Call it “The Blended Burger Project: Home Edition.” This month, Blue Apron is offering customers a special mushroom and beef blended burger to honor the James Beard Foundation’s perennial Blended Burger Project™.
Currently underway and now in its fourth year, the Blended Burger Project features chefs nationwide who develop and menu their creative take on a burger featuring meat blended with finely chopped mushrooms for dishes that they say are more delicious, nutritious and sustainable. More than 1,000 restaurants have taken part since the project launched in 2015 and consumers have placed more than two million votes for their favorite burgers.
To celebrate and honor the competition, Blue Apron chefs collaborated with the James Beard Foundation to create their own blended burger.
“Mushrooms are a brilliant way to pack even more flavor into the quintessential burger,” said Christine Fu, senior director of partnerships, Blue Apron. “We’re thrilled to participate in the Blended Burger Project and bring the blended burger trend to more home kitchens around the country this month, encouraging our customers to explore a unique new way to use mushrooms.”
Blue Apron’s blended burger – which customers can order the week of July 9 for shipment the week of July 16 – features ground beef and cremini mushrooms topped with roasted onions and a creamy mustard sauce with marinated cabbage on the side.
Along with the recipe and pre-portioned ingredients needed to prepare the burger, Blue Apron customers will also receive helpful information on mushroom varieties as well as cooking tips. The company is encouraging customers to share pics on social media platforms with the hashtag #BlueApronBlendedBurger.
“We are excited to create a new dimension for the Blended Burger Project by collaborating with Blue Apron chefs for a blended burger its customers can try at home,” said Kris Moon, chief operating officer, James Beard Foundation. “While Blue Apron’s burger isn’t an official entry in the competition, this delectable dish is sure to inspire its customers to not only blend at home, but also visit participating Blended Burger Project restaurants nationwide.”
For more information:
Tel: +1 (612) 424-7545
Publication date: 7/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: