Job offersmore »
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Closed Umschlagzentrum Grossmarkt München provides spaceAfter the basement of the Grossmarkthalle in Munich was partially cleared last week following a major accident, it became clear how urgently the city is in need of a new market hall. The Umschlagzentrum Großmarkt München GbR is now providing space in order to help the stricken traders from the cellar areas of the Grossmarkthalle.
"The situation shows how urgently a new wholesale market hall solution in Munich is needed. Our existence is at stake. At the same time, the reaction of the local dealers demonstrates the culture of solidarity that is actively practiced here," says Christa Heidingsfelder, Chief Representative of the UGM GbR.
"We called out to the marketers in our hub and asked who could provide space and offer help. Some 500 square meters were offered immediately.
Furthermore, we provide 1,500 square meters of space ourselves," explains Heidingsfelder. From a temporary 2,000 square meters (of out of a total of 3,000 m2 required) the affected dealers can continue their business from the over a 100-year-old basement of the Grossmarkthalle. "The cohesion here is exceptional. Here you can see how many relationships have grown and which values are important in the trade and in life. This network, that has developed over decades, catches the marketers before they fall, securing the existence of small and medium-sized enterprises." Through the additional provision of space from the Munich market halls (also open spaces), all commercially relevant spaces could be replaced in the first transitional phase.
Publication date: 7/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: