Job offersmore »
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Citrus Research Institute Sargodha
Regions of Pakistan could see 30 percent drop in kinnow yield - 2018Director of Citrus Research Institute Sargodha (CRIS) Muhammad Nawaz Maken recently stated that Sargodha’s orchards needed proper care to get the best results this coming season.
Kinnow orchards need proper irrigation now, as hot weather and little rain dryness have had negative effects on trees, he added. He advised farmers to consult with CRIS regarding adopting modern technology for their orchards like drip irrigation and sprinklers.
According to brecorder.com, he urged farmers that close liaison among farmers and CRIS experts was required to get best results from orchards to contribute in export quality production. The Kinnow yield could drop by 30 percent as compared to last year’s yields due to less than optimal weather conditions.
Publication date: 7/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: