Job offersmore »
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Syria to supply citrus fruits to Russia through the Crimea
The head of the organizing committee of the Yalta Economic Forum and the Russian public organization "Business Russia", Andriya Nazarov, announced last week that the Syrian province of Latakia has established a centre for the export of citrus to Russia through the ports of Crimea.
"The project entails a lot of work, but it will help create great opportunities for the development of Syrian-Russian relations," he said.
The Russian official said that the citrus fruits will be shipped by sea to the Crimea and then to the rest of Russia.
Nazarov said that a memorandum on regional cooperation was signed between Lattakia and Crimea at the Fourth Yalta Forum. It is believed that the supply of citrus fruits from Syria to Russia can help in the development of bilateral relations.
The Yalta International Economic Forum is an international event held every year in the Crimea to discuss economic and business issues. The economic meeting is organised by the Crimean Government and the Yalta Economic Forum Fund, supported by the Russian Presidential Administration.
This year, the Forum took place from 19-21 April. Some 3,122 people attended, 612 of them representing 71 countries, and a number of Syrian entrepreneurs and representatives of major Syrian companies were also present.
Publication date: 7/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: