Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
But consumer preference shifts towards imports
South Korea: Overall potato consumption steady
Korean potato production is expected to increase to 530,000 metric tons (MT) in Calendar Year 2018, as potato farmers respond to higher prices caused by low supply in CY 2017. Overall consumption is expected to remain steady, but consumers continue to shift away from fresh domestic potato consumption and toward consumption of imported potatoes and imported processed potato products (including potatoes used for chipping and French fries).
U.S. exports of fresh table potatoes are projected to increase in CY 2018 following the resumption of trade from states in the Pacific Northwest after the resolution of a phytosanitary issue.
Publication date: 7/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: