Job offersmore »
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lancaster Capital buys shareholding in SAFESAFE has announced that Jayendra Naidoo’s broad-based investment holding company, Lancaster Capital, has acquired a shareholding in the group. Exploratory talks with Lancaster began last year. Since then, both parties agreed to a framework to combine their enthusiasm for agriculture with their respective strengths.
“We are delighted to welcome Lancaster into the SAFE family as part of our growth and empowerment strategy. Lancaster brings a wealth of successful experience in a number of key business, investment and empowerment areas into the group,” says SAFE co-founder, Anton de Vries.
According to Jayendra Naidoo: “Buying into a successful, established producer and exporter, such as SAFE, allows us to enter the agricultural industry from a very sound base. We will take advantage of the numerous opportunities this acquisition offers Lancaster and SAFE for growth. We anticipate increasing our stake in SAFE in due course.”
Lancaster brings years of success in a broad range of industries from Infrastructure development to transport – including the high-profile Gautrain – to SAFE. The group has also successfully invested in logistics, financial services, energy, renewable energy and health care.
“In our discussions about this deal we explored a number of options and areas of interest that will be beneficial to Lancaster Capital and SAFE. Clearly growth opportunities were a key focus for both parties,” said SAFE CFO Quentin Scott.
For more information;
Tel: +27 21 657 4000
Publication date: 7/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: